Our miracle

Our miracle

Sunday, May 1, 2011

April 10th!

My mom and dad came back to be with us this afternoon after they took a much needed nap from taking Nana and JoJo to the airport at like 4am this morning. Tyler and Rachel ended up dropping by for a few hours to be with us and Paige and Tori and the girls came with Mom and Dad also. So we had a full room minus 2 once again and it was really nice, Paige loved all the commotion and attention. She started having little seizures today and we found that if we weren't holding her she had less of them, guess the excitement of being held triggered them. My dr came in this evening and discharged me and Paige but because we were donating her organs and under the circumstance that Paige wouldn't live very long and we needed to be there after she had passed within an hour, the hospital boarded us in our same room we were in like we were at a hotel, I was so thankful to them for that, what a wonderful thing to do for families in these situations! I wouldn't have nurses coming in every few hours to check on us and wouldn't be able to order food or anything because I wasn't admitted any more and I took my own ibuprofen since I wouldn't be getting a bill for this part of the stay. All the family left pretty early this evening because of the work week starting again in the morning so me and Jonathan were with Paige alone which was kind of nice, my mom even took Leilani home with her. Well in the middle of the night I woke up very emotional and couldn't stop crying and was just feeling alot of emotions running through my head about being at the hospital and feeling like we would be kicked out soon and all I could think about was I can't take Paige home because if she passes away while we are there I will always have to remember those things like, we are in the room she passed in or how she passed and also because we were worried we wouldn't get back to the hospital in time for the donation because we live like 30 mins away. Jonathan ended up calling my mom in the middle of the night to see if she could calm me down and she said she would come to the hospital right away which I didn't want her to do so I said no and said I would be ok just come right away in the morning, well I still was very upset so Jonathan got Rose to come in and she said she would sit with me all night if I wanted her to which I didn't want her to have to do but I told her I didn't need a nurse to come check the monitor for me every hour that I would still be checking it myself and wanted to be alone with my baby and husband so she let the nurse know that we didn't need her to check it for us. When I finally started to calm down after Rose kept telling me don't worry you won't be kicked out of here over and over again Jonathan surprised me and brought in another nurse I had really liked and that cheered me up alot just to have her talk with me a few mins and give me a hug! I decided I would just watch some of my 7th Heaven while I was in bed and then hold the lamb that Rose had brought for Paige and us and was finally able to fall asleep for a few hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment