Our miracle

Our miracle

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2nd!

Donor Alliance called me the other day to give me an update about the donation. They are going to be able to use the heart valves for 2 babies and the liver for 2 babies which will save 4 babies lives, of course it was 4 babies because that's her number. I also was told that it is true that Paige is the 4th Anencephaly baby to be able to donate in the United States (another 4). Since Paige donated there have been several other babies that are now signed up to donate because of her story so she is helping other families realize that their anencephaly babies could donate and help other babies.
I was dropping off some milk at the hospitals milk bank area the other day and the nurses were helping us fit it into the freezer and they said there are 3 preemie babies just at that hospital in the NICU that are using donated milk and when me and my mom walked out we said I think they must be mistaken its probably 4, well sure enough Rose came and was talking to us and we didn't even mention what they said and she said there are 4 babies right now using donated milk, (theres another 4) the number 4 is so special to us now! I can't thank God enough for all the miracles he has given and shown us through Paige.
I went into the bank today and met with the banker who had helped us set up the donation account for Paige and she remembered me and asked how long Paige lived and was so happy we got time with her, and I was so happy that she was nice enough to care and ask me.
When I went into the drs office last Monday about a medical issue I was having with my recovery and to see if I needed to have a d&c the receptionist told me you might be getting a bill in the mail but just ignore it and you will also be receiving a refund. I had no idea what she was talking about and just said ok in a confused voice. Well today when Jonathan got the mail I opened up an envelope with a refund check inside from my dr's office for the exact amount I had paid to the office the first 6 months of my pregnancy. Another blessing and miracle has taken place, I don't know the reason for the refund but I'm sure it's because Paige touched someone elses heart. Everytime I tell someone her story they are so touched and I'm so glad I can share all the miracles that God has done because of our sweet baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Amber,

    Thank you SO much for sharing your heart and the Miracle of Paige on this blog. I'm sitting here at my desk with tears in my eyes, in a state of wonder thinking about how great our God is.

    Why? We may never know, but, the Lord has been so cool to give so many confirmations with the number four, and I'm guessing more will come as He reminds you that He carries you every day, and that He will NEVER leave or forsake you, even when you walk through the valley of the shadow of death.

    Much love and big hugs,

    Kendra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber,

    I am so glad I met you and was able to hear, and now read, Paige's story. How amazing that her life resulted in saving the lives of four other babies! God takes ashes and creates beauty! You and your family will be in my heart as you continue to grieve and miss Paige.

    Geneva Douville

    ReplyDelete